NielsenIQ BASES Announces The 2022 Design Impact Award Winners
NielsenIQ is pleased to announce the 2022 recipients of the seventh annual NielsenIQ BASES Design Impact Awards for the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) industry. The global competition recognizes and celebrates best-in-class package redesigns, and the business impacts they make for their companies. This year’s winners include brands that delivered innovative and creative packaging with design concepts that reflected brand vision while supporting the shopper journey.
Sixty brands submitted package redesigns and the NielsenIQ BASES team used the company’s proprietary Retail Measurement Sales (RMS) data to identify which brands demonstrated an increase in sales after the launch of the updated package designs. In addition to evaluating RMS data, NielsenIQ conducted a behavioral survey of 15,000 shoppers to assess individual entries across the shopper journey. Each product was evaluated to determine if it presented a visually appealing, easily identifiable package that allowed consumers to find the product on shelves and engage them to purchase the item. The results unveiled 10 winners across various CPG categories with excellent designs and a measurable increase in sales.
“Our team is thrilled to support and promote inspired brands who deliver fresh, beautifully designed packages that stimulate brand growth and financial successes,” said Andrea Fraboni, Vice President & Global Leader of BASES Design Solutions at NielsenIQ. “This year’s winners embody how effective redesigned packaging can help transform and elevate the bottom line of a brand. These companies did it right and we’re excited to showcase their outstanding accomplishments.”
The winners of the 2022 NielsenIQ BASES Design Impact Award* are:
- L’usine Sliced Multigrain Bread (Parent Company: Almarai; Country: Saudi Arabia)
- Coors Light Beer (Parent Company: Molson Coors Beverage Company; Design Agency: Soulsight; Country: United States)
- Brooke's Oros Beverages (Parent Company: Tiger Brands; Design Agency: Just Design; Country: South Africa)
- Cadbury Old Gold Chocolate (Parent Company: Mondelez International; Design Agency: Bulletproof; Country: Australia)
- Lucozade Energy Drink (Parent Company: Suntory; Country: United Kingdom)
- Nescafé Artesano Coffee (Parent Company: Nestlé; Country: Colombia)
- SSENSE Herbal Tea (Parent Company: SSENSE; Design Agency: Pigeon; Country: Canada)
- Turin Chocolate (Parent Company: Mars; Country: Mexico)
- Speed Stick & Lady Speed Stick (Parent Company: Colgate-Palmolive; Design Agency: Dragon Rouge BZ; Country: Mexico)
- Lay's Potato Chips (Parent Company: PepsiCo; Design Agency: PEP Global Design Team; Country: South Africa)
Learn more about our package design research solutions, the NielsenIQ BASES Design Impact Award, and learnings from this year’s winners by visiting the BASES Design Impact Award web page.
*All products and company names are trademarks of their respective holders. No affiliation or endorsement is expressed or implied.
NielsenIQ, a global information services company, delivers the gold standard in consumer and retail measurement, through the most connected, complete, and actionable understanding of the evolving global, omnichannel consumer. NielsenIQ is the source of confidence for the industries we serve and the pioneer defining the next century of consumer and retail measurement. Our data, connected insights, and predictive analytics optimize the performance of CPG and retail companies, bringing them closer to the communities they serve and helping to power their growth.
NielsenIQ, an Advent International portfolio company, has operations in 90+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NielsenIQ.com.